Scope of services
For over 10 years, I have provided clients with a full scope of services in French and in English to respond to their international communication needs.
This section provides an overview of the main services I offer and my areas of specialization.
If what you are looking for falls outside these general categories, or if you need help in other language pairs, contact me.
I work with a tight network of professionals and can happily recommend someone who would be just the right fit.
Copywriting in English
Writing creative and persuasive copy for you calls for getting to know you and your business well.
Working with you in the language of your choice (French or English), I brainstorm with you and your team to:
- Set strategy and define objectives
- Prepare a detailed project brief
- Understand your company’s culture, voice, context
- Define the level of language, register and tone needed
- Assess your target’s cultural profile
French to English translation & transcreation
When you start looking for a professional translator who can adapt your copy in another language and for another culture, ask yourself:
How long did it take us to get to polish the style, tone and message? How many people were involved in revising and approving this document? How important is it to our corporate image, reputation and bottom line?
Translating a document for publication means writing it anew, with the added twist that, as bridge-builders, professional translators have a double responsibility:
- To the author/client by remaining faithful to the source text’s message and intent
- To the target by expressing this in a language, in a structure and in a manner that respects his culture’s orientation for the original message to be properly received
Intercultural training & consulting
Do you have to give a speech or presentation to a foreign audience or in a language that is not your native tongue? Are you about to start negotiating with international partners or preparing a merger? Do your responsibilities include managing a multicultural team?
These are recurring themes in my business. Cultural intelligence is a key element in developing a competitive edge in the global market and avoiding disastrous gaffes or misunderstandings.
I offer custom-tailored workshops and consulting services in oral presentation skills, GVT best practices, intercultural management and team building.
Most of my clients are in the following sectors or industries:
- Advertising, Communications & PR
- Architecture & Design
- Education & Research
- Food & Beverage
- International development
- Management & HR consulting
- Public policy & International affairs
- Social media
Tags: bicultural, brochure, brochure translation, communications consulting, editorial consulting, executive training, intercultural communications, translation